Monday, March 24, 2008

Periodic Table



Chemistry?!?! Oh my have I forgotten chemistry. For the next project in Imaging we are working in groups to create an interactive periodic table. Although I was first turned off by not being able to determine our own content, I am open to the potential of the assignment. Working with Sidney, Sam, and Kelly we are attempting to design an interactive table for junior high school students. We want to make the abstract tangible.

I've spent a fair amount of time in the past few days reviewing k-12 science textbooks. (Both for this project and my studio project.) I have so many memories from those books, but most of them are tied to assignments that involved making models. Styrofoam solar systems, with the mnemonic sentence of My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas, the jello constructed Chlorophyll, the eco-system diorama... I guess I was a maker from the start...

2 comments:

MicheleWong said...

makers make the world turn around!

Alisson said...

Hey, when you are done let me know
i think that would be something great for sly to work with